These facilities include: Peoria Rescue Mission, a residential program ministering to the physical, spiritual, & emotional needs of hurting men. Victory Acres, a farm in rural Peoria County, to help men find a productive Christian lifestyle as they deal with alcohol & substance abuse.
The Women’s Pregnancy Center was opened to minister to the needs of women who experience an unplanned pregnancies or post-abortion trauma. The center provides caring, compassionate assistance to mothers and babies.
At Barnabas Center caring, trained counselors offer free Biblical counseling to scores of clients of all ages.
The need for an in-house, long-term facility for women and women with chil- dren was met when Esther House was opened. Esther House provides a safe, in- viting environment where ladies can come to know Jesus Christ and grow in their daily walk with Him. PMR also has sister ministries in the former Soviet Union that include the REALIS CENTER (research Education and Light Center) in Kiev, and Riga Bible institute in Riga, Latvia.
The objectives of the corporation of Peoria Rescue Ministries shall be:
- To conduct a nondenominational mission to aid, assist and care for destitute men
- To offer life-affirming alternatives to abortion
- To address the needs of pregnant women
- To offer training in parenting skills
- To furnish a temporary home and job placement
- To contribute to the uplifting of such persons
- To provide all services to individuals without charge